Bun Bun Brigade is operated exclusively by volunteers. All daily care, weekly cleaning, events, social media, and our website is maintained by folks just like you who want to make a difference in the lives of these buns.
How Can You Help?
- We can always use extra hands on cleaning days. Visit our volunteers’ page on Facebook for more information on days and times, as well as other volunteer needs.
- We often need help transporting buns to and from our vet for spays and neuters. They typically need to leave Elizabethtown by 7:00 am EST and be picked up in Lebanon by 4:30 pm EST.
- Want to get more involved? Visit us at one of our adoption events and chat with our directors about helping out at the rescue.
- We welcome donations of rabbit food pellets, grass hay, litter (horse bedding pellets), bunny treats, fresh greens, x-pens, and bunny safe toys.
- Need some bunny gear? Check out our fundraising page: https://teespring.com/stores/bun-bun-brigade-fundraising
We have sizes for birth to adults, as well as bags and coffee mugs.
- Financial contributions to the rescue or our veterinarian are needed. You may donate through our online shop or using the link to the right on full browsers or at the bottom on mobile browsers. All buns are spayed or neutered before they are adopted into their families and we also provide medical care to sick and special needs buns. If you prefer to donate directly to vet care, please call Town & Country Veterinary Services at (270) 692-1297. Donations are tax-deductible but non-refundable.
- We frequently have fostering opportunities to help care for buns who are not yet old enough to be spayed or neutered or who may just need time outside of the rescue to see what having a family is all about. If you would like more information on fostering, click here.
- Interested in sponsoring an event or hosting the rescue at a local school or pet store? Please contact us. We partner with pet stores, schools, and other businesses to provide education and a chance to interact with our adoptable rabbits. Donations for appearances are always appreciated.
The humans will thank you but best of all, you will be repaid in bunny snuggles–and maybe a kiss or two!